Buntine Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Buntine (6613) is a suburb of South East & Central, Mid West, Western Australia. It is about 229 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Buntine is in the federal electorate of Durack.

In the 2011 census the population of Buntine was 237 and is comprised of approximately 46.4% females and 53.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Buntine is 44 years of age.

84.7% of people living in the suburb of Buntine were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.2% New Zealand, 2.5% England, 2.1% Fiji.

96.6% of people living in Buntine speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Buntine is 27.1% Anglican, 21.2% No religion, 16.1% Uniting Church, 15.3% Catholic, 8.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.4% Christian, nfd, 2.5% Baptist, 1.3% Other religious affiliation .

60.9% of people are married, 22.8% have never married and 9.8% are divorced and 3.3% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Buntine.

65.0% of the people living in Buntine over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 21.9% are working on a part time basis. Buntine has an unemployment rate of 2.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Buntine are 58.8% Managers, 12.5% Labourers, 7.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.9% Professionals, 5.1% Sales workers, 5.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 2.9% Community & personal service workers, 2.2% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from Buntine work in are 60.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.6% Retail trade, 4.4% Accommodation and food services, 4.4% Manufacturing, 4.4% Health care and social assistance, 3.7% Education and training, 3.0% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.0% Mining, 2.2% Public administration and safety.

57.6% of homes are fully owned, and 17.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $610 per week and the median household income is $1048 per week.

The median rent in Buntine is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $922 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Buntine postcode 6613

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Irishtown 6401 -> South East & Central -> Western Australia